- NO GUM, CANDY, FOOD OR DRINKS ARE PERMITTED IN THE COMPUTER LAB AT ANY TIME! Water is the only exception to this rule and may be purchased from Mrs. Linton for $1 per bottle.
- Anyone caught with food, beverage, gum or candy will be assigned a teacher detention. THIS is your “warning.”
- CELL PHONES THAT ARE SEEN OR HEARD WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY!
- Refer to Cell Phone Policy
- Students will be required to pay a lab fee of $10 per year payable before the end of the first six weeks.. This fee provides printer ink and paper for assignments.
- Students should check work thoroughly in “print preview” view before printing. Students will be charged $.25 per page for extra printouts they generate if wasting paper becomes a problem.
- Be on time! Be in your chair before the tardy bell rings or you will be marked “tardy”.
- Come prepared to work; bring what you need with you, and do not ask to go to the restroom, locker, or water fountain after class begins. If you think going to the restroom might make you tardy, check in with the teacher before heading to the restroom. Do not tell another student to tell the teacher that you went to the restroom and might be late—you must tell her yourself!
- REQUIRED SUPPLIES FOR BIM: Highlighter, black or blue ink pen.
- We DO NOT use colored ink pens in BIM.
- Care of all property is your responsibility! Please do not make marks of any kind on the computer keyboard, monitor, books, book stands, chairs, desks, etc. Charges will be made for any damage to school property.
- Horseplay is dangerous, counter-productive, and not acceptable.
- INTERNET USE IS PROHIBITED FOR BIM STUDENTS UNLESS TEACHER AUTHORIZED!
- You will have an assigned work station. Respect others by leaving it clean when you leave.
- At the end of class always log out of your profile. Failure to do so may result in D-hall.
- Place “throw-away” paper in the recycle box. Also use recycle box for empty water bottles.
- 1st period will turn on the computers and screens.
- 5th period will turn off the computers and screens.
- Any changing of other students’ files, keyboard, mouse, cords, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Please do not talk or type when instructions are being given. You will always be told when to begin working on your assignment.
- Always remove ear buds when instruction is being given.
- No improper language will be tolerated. PLEASE SHOW RESPECT FOR ALL THOSE AROUND YOU AT ALL TIMES!
- Do not use “liquid paper” (White Out) on class work.
- If there is a problem with your computer, please be sure to tell me what the problem is. DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT YOURSELF!!!!!
GRADES AND WORK EXPECTATIONS
- EVERY assignment must be completed and turned in!
- Use a complete heading on each assignment; points will be taken off for incorrect heading!
First & Last Name (Class Period #) Ex. #--NAME OF ASSIGNMENT Date/Time
You will also write your “assigned student number” in the upper right hand corner of every paper.
You will also insert a file path in the footer section.
- ALL WORK MUST BE SAVED ON YOUR COMPUTER IN THE APPROPRIATE FOLDER!! **You will be required to re-do any assignment NOT saved on your computer. The saved document is your proof that you have completed the assignment!
- AN AUTOMATIC ZERO and DISCIPLINARY REFERRAL WILL BE GIVEN FOR CHEATING OF ANY KIND!
- You should keep a folder containing papers, notes, handouts, etc. which you receive in class. It will be handed in at the end of each six weeks.
- ALL PAPERS WITH GRADES OF 75 OR BELOW SHOULD BE SIGNED BY A PARENT AND RETURNED TO ME.
- All work must be done at school in the computer lab--no assignments completed outside of class will be accepted. (Exception--SAC)
- Make-up work is the responsibility of the student.
- Do not play computer games when you enter the classroom. Practice on the assigned typing drill—it will be written on the board under “DAILY WARMUP”. Please don’t work on other subjects during class time—such work will be taken up and not returned to you. If you finish a job, you may practice on MICRO TYPE or drills from the drill book.
- If at any time you feel you are having problems in this class, please feel free to come to me for a conference. Problems recognized and discussed early are much more easily solved. Please do not wait until the last week of the six weeks to do something about a failing average--that is too late!
Consequences: Unless otherwise stated above.
1. Bring one “family size” (175 or more count) box of Kleenex—limited-time offer.
2. Teacher assigned detention. * See the front board for assigned D-halls—this is your responsibility!
*Teacher assigned detentions are 20 minutes immediately after school in the computer lab completing work assigned by the teacher. If detention is not served in one week, a referral will be given.
3. Referral to the Assistant Principal.
I have read the above rules and agree to abide by them.
(Student Signature) (Date)